Sunday, April 19

Aah, youth


So this morning I ran across an article that I thought was pretty funny. You know how, in the old days, people at parties used to make out to Barry White and stoner's used to cue up Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz on mute? Well the young hipsters of today have their own new party trend and it's so geeky it flies in the face of all party rituals of the past. What is this new trend? Well, according to the New York Times, kids today like to watch Planet Earth on mute and play whatever alternative soundtrack they have lying around. This is happening in parties and clubs across the country. Having the DVD set prominently displayed on your bookcase is the cool new status symbol for the eco-gens.

I'm hoping this means Scarface worship is finally fading in popularity. I always found that social obsession to be so lame. I'm hoping the kids are finally realizing that shark snatching the seal out of mid air is so much more bad ass than Al Pacino and his "little friend".


Do you think we'll be seeing Planet Earth shoes any time soon or is that too much to hope for?


But here's the really weird thing, when you click on Planet Earth on Amazon the "Frequently Bought Together" option bundles Planet Earth with 300. Huh? I always recommend watching 300 on mute. What does this say about me? I'm so confused.

No comments: