Thursday, May 27

Silly American tradition lets me down


I did some poking around in an effort to find some good old tv marathons that programmers may of thoughtfully planned for my viewing pleasure this weekend. I found evidence of a few small line ups but they are weak at best. The only marathon worth mentioning is on Spike TV where Band of Brothers will air on Monday. I love that mini-series and watch it at least once a year. If you haven't seen it all the way through you simply must.

I searched in vain for a Twilight Zone marathon but only found a few episodes airing on SciFi Channel. On one hand I'm disappointed in the SciFi Channel. On the other hand I prefer to watch Twilight Zone episodes for hours on end when it's REALLY hot outside. This typically happens on the 4th of July. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope I can do that in 5 weeks.

Here are some of the weak marathon offerings I managed to find (check your local listings for times and dates):

A&E
  • Criminal Minds
  • Parking Wars
  • Billy the Exterminator (WTF?)
BBC America
  • Doctor Who (Ok, don't tell anyone but I'm sort of into this show. I'm a recent convert but I kinda dig it. It's very embarrassing.)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
Discovery
  • Deadliest Catch
Food Network
  • Grill it! With Bobby Flay
Hitler Channel
  • Patton 360
  • WWII in HD
  • America the Story of Us
TCM
  • War Movie Marathon (complete list here) I'm not generally into war movies but there are some classics in the mix you may like.
TLC
  • Say Yes to the Dress
  • The Little Couple
  • Cake Boss
TNT
  • Of course... lots of Law & Order
TV Land
  • Lots of big blocks of same show programming. This may be normal, I don't know since I haven't watched it in a while.
NGC
  • Hooked (Never hear of it. It sounds promising. Another addiction show or maybe a fishing show? Who knows?)
USA
  • Lots of Law & Order
Of course, I could turn OFF the tv and do some reading. God knows reading makes me happier than tv. The only down side is that time flies when I read and I don't really want this weekend to fly by.

I'll have to see what I can do to make the most of this weekend. I suppose it's a good thing that there is no decent tv on. Maybe I'll actually crack open my book of shame.

No comments: