Thursday, December 11

Have I died?

I often ask myself if I've died on gone to hell. It's pessimistic, true, but I sometimes can't help but wonder. As I've mentioned ad nauseam, work is a nightmare lately but as Dory reminds us I "Just keep swimming." It's surprisingly good advise and can really help in the middle of a bad day. Best of all, if you say it out loud, it confuses the grown ups.

Until tonight, that is. Tonight as I filled up my tank and saw this staring back at me...


for the first time in ages, I asked myself if I'd died and gone to heaven. I could be wrong but I don't think I've seen gas in the one-fifties since college. It was a beautiful sight indeed.

I hope you're evening has been as lovely as mine.

3 comments:

shandon said...

Actually, the average price for a gallon of gas in (dare I mention the year?) 1988 was about 90 cents per gallon. Still, it seemed miraculous to me last week when I filled my tank for less than 20 bucks.

Anonymous said...

I never thought it would drop this low again. I remember filling up my little VW bug for ten dollars back in college. Don't think we'll ever see that again, but it is definitely better than it was!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you guys are lower than us. I think we're still at $1.79 at the cheapest stations.