Saturday, January 17

600th Post?!


Sheesh! I just realized that this is my 600th post. I sure can ramble on, can't I?

I don't have much to even blog about these days. I've just been working and trying to de-stress as much as possible.

I did watch one of my favorite musicals this evening, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. It's not exactly politically correct but I've always loved it. Besides, some of those brothers are adorable. Mom dropped by to watch a bit with me.

Lucy: It is a little crazy.
Mom: What is?
Lucy: You know, meeting a man and marrying him later that same day.
Mom: Well it IS Howard Keel.


Mom's got a point.

I watched Elephant Walk last night. That was weird. Have you seen it? Elizabeth Taylor looks amazing but I was in it for Dana Andrews. I always liked him in Laura. I was disappointed that he was sort of annoying in Elephant Walk. Also, the film had a bass-ackwards Rebecca vibe to it. I referred to the head "servant" as Mr. Danvers because of the way he glared at poor Liz throughout the movie. It was the same way Mrs. Danvers glared at Joan Fontaine in Rebecca. There was even dead guy he kept mooning over. I liked Liz's wardrobe though. Edith Head was credited but, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean she designed them. Turns out Miss Head was famous for making others do her dirty work. Aside from the clothes the house was pretty fabulous. Good houses in film are important to me. I love them.

Anyway, it's been a decent weekend in terms of movie selections. I always like to watch TCM films I've never heard of. Through the years I've discovered some good flicks by way of TCM. Come to think of it, I tend to discover lots of politically incorrect films on TCM, films like The Tender Trap, How to Marry a Millionaire and The Long Hot Summer. (*sigh* I especially love that one.) I think I have a thing for all things fifties. The cool wardrobes and those ridiculous pre-feminism era expectations put upon all women. What does that say about me? Oh dear, I won't sleep all night now. I blame my mother. She turned me on to Pillow Talk and I've just never gotten over my love for it. Oh well, I stand by The Long Hot Summer. That's a damn good film and Paul Newman never looked dreamier.

4 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

600 posts? Congratulations! That's quite an achievement. I hope I survive to see that many posts on my blog someday. :-)

I love old movies but don't recall ever seeing "Elephant Walk." "Pillow Talk" is one of my favorites--I'm planning to do a post about it in February. It's hard to beat Doris Day and Rock Hudson!

Linda said...

I love all of those old Rock Hudson and Doris Day movies. I look at them now and try to see if Rock looks gay. He usually just looks really manly.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cheap tramadol 50mg an 627 - buy tramadol 50mg net

Anonymous said...

where can i buy phentermine online phentermine 30mg yellow - buy phentermine online no prescription australia