Thursday, January 29

I'm just so sad

Today was a very bad day. Today dozens of my friends & co-workers lost their jobs. I'm still employed but had a terrible time witnessing the lay offs.

I was in back-to-back meetings all day. I couldn't find a free conference room so my meetings were in the commissary. Friends would walk by and whisper in my ear what was going on. Eventually, it was lunch time and that's when I really started hearing the awful details. I couldn't believe half it.

I have to say that I was impressed with the fact that our VP gave the news personally. I know lots of lesser people would hide behind HR but he chose to do it himself and I thought that was the right thing to do.

On the way home there were 6 messages from friends, some of whom had lost their jobs. They were leaving kind messages and making sure I had their home contact info. One friend made me cry by saying such nice things about me through her tears. It was terrible.

I popped on over to Facebook and talked to more friends there. Another friend still has her job but is so upset about her co-workers losing theirs that she can't even go to work tomorrow.

The cuts were deep and those who are left are grateful to still have jobs but so incredibly sad.

When will this terrible downtrend stop? Enough already.

No comments: