Thursday, November 17

Outraged again

I love magazines but I can not stand the almost instant onset renewal notices.  They start coming about 3 months into a subscription and seem to come about every two weeks until the end of the subscription.  Of course, the trouble with this is that I never know when my subscription is actually up because I tend to ignore those pesky notices.

Today I received a particularly rude notice from Food Network Magazine.  I like the magazine and had planned on renewing until I received a passive aggressive/condescending renewal notice.  In part, it stated "we fully believed you would send payment upon receipt of your invoice" (how the hell would I know when an actual invoice arrives?) and "your good standing with us is at risk."  I promptly canceled my subscription (last issue arrives this month) with a note stating I didn't appreciate their tone in the renewal letter and that their "good standing WITH ME  is not only at risk but is in fact gone." 

Assholes.

2 comments:

shandon said...

I hate renewal notices but never let them bother me because I've learned to decipher my subscription labels: the date of your final issue is nearly always printed above your name. So I toss those crazy-early notices without bothering to open them (a total waste of paper and postage, by the way) and only bother with the one that arrives 6 weeks or so before my subscription runs out.

Unknown said...



cinsel sohbet
cinsel sohbet odalari
cinsel chat
cinsel chat odalari
pasif sohbet
pasif sohbet odalari
pasif chat
pasif chat odalari
gabile chat odalari
gabile chat
gabile sohbet
sohbet
gabile sohbet odalari
sohbet odalari
chat
chat odalari
mobil chat
mobil sohbet
istanul sohbet
izmir sohbet
ankara sohbet
bursa sohbet