Tuesday, May 12

Change of pace


To answer Shandon's question to my last post, no I'm not going from Columbine to Donner Lake. I thought about it but just couldn't do it.

My only problem with reading is that I have to get the pace just right. I can't read two heavy books back to back unless they are part of a series. I looked at my stack of books mentioned here and thought there was just too much darkness there for right now. Instead I scanned my bookcase and picked up Little, Big. I've only just begun but I really like it so far. I can't even tell you what it's about yet but I can say it's way out there in a Gabriel Garcia Marquez sort of way. I realize that's a hardcore comparison but the storytelling style really doe remind me of Marquez. It seems to be a book with some serious fans. I'm getting the impression you either love it or hate it. I wouldn't call it a quick read. It's actually sort of dense yet it's a good time. I'm enjoying it.

We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

1 comment:

shandon said...

I've always been curious about Little, Big. Let me know what you think of it.