Tuesday, May 5

Fun with embedding!

So, a friend/kindred spirit sent this to me recently:



It made me wonder how folks my age are not all brain damaged. I mean really! Just think of all the psychedelics it took to create theme songs like that and this:



and don't even get me started on the trippy evils of Sid and Marty:



But wait, there's more! What about the overt sexism in this opening sequence? It's a wonder I ever figured out girls could grow up to get degrees. Poor Angie. it's just terrible what a Lady Cop had to do to make a living back in the day (or, more precisely, every Friday night following the Rockford Files):



Shandon was kind enough to send me this one. We apparently couldn't even go to the movies without being terrified by the bloody background in this clip. What exactly is that?!



On the other hand, the television of my youth did help me understand just how much fun my future gay friends would be:



Ohhh, but then there's this one. I still love poor little misunderstood William. I bet he IS a good dad today:




And then there's this funkalicious beauty to bring it on home and make us feel better for how well we've all turned out:



And to remind us EVERY DAY of how great we're feeling, check out this super fun site. It's all there baby. Every last tune. Dusty's Treehouse anyone? How about Nanny & The Professor? The Carol Burnett Show? Phyllis? OMG! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh man, I could go on and on. Instead, I'll just let you poke around yourself. Just be sure to throw this genius a few bucks. No, I don't know them all I know is that I adore them. I smell a new set of ringtones!

2 comments:

kb said...

Holy crap! The Lidsville opening is just creepy to me as an adult. How did I never notice that as a kid? I loved that show! That and H R Puff n Stuff. And the General Cinema clip made me laugh...totally remember that. But eeewwww, is that really bloody goo in the background? I never noticed that as a kid either. Must have been too involved in eating my popcorn and Reese's peanut butter cups to notice!

Chris Hyde said...

Wow...what a great trip down memory lane. I can't believe the General Cinema clip is on YouTube...what a riot. And Beany and Cecil...or whatever their names were...wow...you really pulled that one out of the archives!