Thursday, April 28

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 8

Name a song that you know all the words to:

Well, I pretty much know the lyrics to everything I heard before 1979. However, if I have to choose one, I'll go with Bohemian Rhapsody. I memorized the words to this one when my babysitter had to replace her beat up copy of Queen's A Night at the Opera. She gave me the beat up old copy along with some Elton John albums that I also adore. I was about 8 years old. I don't think I understood the song at the time but I could sing the hell out of it.

"Mama I just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away"

Jesus, Mom! Weren't you concerned when you heard your children singing along to this one? God, I loved the bad choices made in the seventies. They made me the gal I am today.

You decide which version you like best:






"Any way the wind blows..."

1 comment:

shandon said...

I remember a friend of mine telling me she got in a bit of trouble when she absently sang "Greased Lightning" in front of her grandma: "You know that I ain't braggin', she's a real pussy wagon."