Saturday, April 5

The good, the bad and the ugly of my day

The good:
I got a new phone and assigned a couple of songs to folks in my contacts list. I thought of the last song on earth my brother would allow on his iPod and assigned it to be his ringtone. What did I select? Freedom by Wham! It will make me smile every time he calls.

The bad:
Shandon has the flu. We had planned to see Stop Loss but I know that flu very well and there's no way she'll be seeing anything this weekend. I know when I had it, all I wanted to do was sleep. I did get some good reading in though. I hope you feel better soon, Shandon!

The ugly:
While shopping I saw a shocking sight, almost as bad as the bug trotting out of my dessert. While in the produce area I saw a normal looking older woman. "Normal" that is until I glanced down. This woman had the longest, old, yellow toe nails I have ever seen. The sight of them almost made me gag. I'm serious. Of course, I immediately thought "Maybe I can get a picture for the blog. They'll never believe this!" but then I remembered that I don't know how to turn off the sound on my new phone and it would have made that tell tale fake camera sound. Damn, foiled again. You really wouldn't have believed it. Those things couldn't fit in shoes so I suppose that's why she was wearing sandals on a cold overcast day. *shudder*

No comments: