Wednesday, March 29

Super Powers

Last night I was slogging through rainy LA traffic. The weirdo in front of me seemed to be suffering from some sort of post traumatic stress disorder involving rear-ending folks. I know this because he was maintaining a strict five car distance between his car and the one in front of him. I, sadly, was behind him. I eventually passed him and tried to sneak a peek at the freak (Ooo, alliteration. I love when that happens!). So, guess what the freaky driver is doing? Go ahead, just guess why he's keeping a ridiculous distance from the lead car? Ready? He's watching a DVD! He staring at the portable DVD player resting next to his steering wheel. Jesus! And I thought I'd seen it all.

A friend once asked me if I could have any super power what would it be. I told her I'd choose the ability to flatten the tires of the jackass drivers I encounter each day on my commute and force them to the side of the road.

She opted for the ability to once and for all remove all unwanted hair on her body.

To each his own.

No comments: