Sunday, May 6

Before & (almost) After

So my DIY Bedroom refresh is almost complete. Here are some before and after shots, including my beloved lamp that shows the new color fairly well. I still need to choose some things to hang on the walls but otherwise it's pretty much wrapped up.

What did I do with all of the crap on the too-big book case (no wonder I couldn't sleep)? Most of it is packed up in boxes. While the rest of the year will likely be spent hunting through the packed boxes for that book I just have to read, at least I'm half way packed up and ready to move. There is a lot to be said for de-cluttering.

I'm very happy with the results. It's neat and tranquil in here now which is exactly what I was going for. The color frightened me when I first threw a test patch up but I've really come to love it.

What do you think?

















2 comments:

shandon said...

I love it -- I can't wait to see it in real life. Thanks for the b&a photos!

Anonymous said...

I love it, too! It looks very cheery. I'm AMAZED at how much packing up a bookcase makes such a difference in the room. Bravo!