Saturday, July 14

Hotel California

I spent the day with Tony today. He's been in Montana and Oregon for vacation so we haven't seen each other in a while. It was a great day. I love that Tony is such a positive person. He immediately noticed that I was "low energy" today. I explained that my computer and iPod had both flipped out late last night. I was up until 3:00 correcting technical difficulties. What a nightmare. I got everything running but I'm still tired from it all.


We had lunch, did some shopping then saw 1408. I'm not sure if you know the premise but, in a nutshell, it's about a man trapped in an evil hotel room. Is he crazy, is it haunted, is he hallucinating? You'll have to see it and decide for yourself but trust me when I say it's a tense ride. Immediately following the movie I visited the ladies room. As usual, I walked in and was faced with crowded restroom with a line. By the time I got to wash my hands the frenzy was over and the restroom was near empty. I headed for the door, shook the handle and realized it was stuck. I shrugged, headed for the other exit and found it too was locked or stuck or whatever. I wasn't amused. I decided to try the first door again and passed the one other woman left in the restroom. I asked "Are we locked in here?" She replied "I hope not!" I said "I just saw that 1408 and this is freaking me out." She just stood there and said "Me too!!" I grabbed the door handle, pulled it down and pushed. Nothing. I pushed the handle up and pushed... nothing. The door wouldn't budge. What the hell?! I knocked on the door but nobody heard me. I then started kicking the door, rather aggressively, hoping somebody would hear us. Finally a startled looking woman tentatively opened the door and peered in. She then let us out. As I rushed past her I told her we'd been locked in. My new friend hurriedly followed me out to the lobby. I found Tony and told him we'd been locked in the restroom. He said "Yeah, I thought I heard pounding." Good grief! I didn't see a lock or key hole in that handle. My question is: Why would a theater restroom have locks on the doors anyway? Seems like a fire hazard or something. I'm still not exactly sure what happened but damn, it sure did rattle me.

Go see 1408 and let me know what you think. Just check all the doors afterwards.

No comments: