Tuesday, July 31

Still here

I'm still here. I'm just spending all spare time reading the last few Harry Potter books. The hype finally got to me. Last time I picked up a Potter book it was book 5. I got to about page 250 then somehow got distracted and never finished it. Well, I picked it back up and started all over again about a week ago and have since finished books 5 & 6. I started book 7 late last night. I'm officially obsessed. (It's amazing how much reading one can pack in when she turns off the tv and turns on her "Spring Showers" sound effects CD.)

For the life of me I can't imagine what on earth made me not finish book 5 in the first place. I vaguely recall not being "in the mood" for Potter. Now I can't think of any more valuable way to spend my spare time. It's such fun! Mostly I marvel at the folks who had to wait so long for book 7 after finishing book 6. That would have driven me mad! A week ago I was kicking myself for not finishing the books in time to start book 7 before spoilers erupted. Now, I'm so happy I inadvertently left the last 3 books to read back to back. It's such a treat.

I don't have many ideas on what to read next. While I decide, I've got all kinds of spoiler filled Harry Potter readings and tv programs ready to go when I finish the last book.

For those of you not caught up in Pottermania, you just don't know what you're missing. Come on, give it a try. You won't be sorry.

No comments: