Saturday, October 27

Spooky


Between making great salsa and working on my Halloween costume, for Shandon's party, I watched Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments. I'm not much of a horror fan but this show was a damn good time. I stumbled upon it at about #45 so I missed a lot but, lucky us, it's re-airing tonight at 9:00 pm. It's actually 3 one hour episodes but they're all repeating tonight. Catch them if you can. They definitely get you in a Halloween mood.

I couldn't figure out what the heck the number one film moment might be. Once Psycho, The Exorcist and The Shining were checked off the list, what else is there? Let's just say I was fine with the #1 film listed. Well, more precisely, I agree that it's the best, but for my money, The Exorcist is my all time scariest movie. Nothing scares me more. If you miss the airing of this fun countdown, here is the list. What do you think?

And speaking of spooky, have you seen Lisa Williams Life Among the Dead? I happen to like the idea of spirits watching over us so I think this show is a blast. I was a big skeptic the first time I saw it, but by the second or third episode I started to believe this lady. I think the moment I started to buy it was when Ms. Williams stopped a stranger on the street. This woman is seemingly just walking down the street when Ms. Williams stops her and says she'd like to talk to her because she's got a "very strong energy" around her. The woman looks cautious but goes for it anyway. Lisa Williams begins to describe the death of a young woman to the woman on the street. She describes the tragedy, right down to the type of injury that killed her. The look of shock on the passerby is so authentic. When Ms. Williams motions towards her neck and head and says "It was something through here. She broke her neck, right?" The stranger whispers, in shock "What did you just say?" She then goes on to tell the tale of the death of her best friend when they were sixteen. Her friend fell 150 feet to her death. She landed on the right side of her head and broke her neck. Creepy!!! At the end of the show there is a disclaimer stating that Ms. Williams has no prior knowledge of the identity of the people she is 'reading". Hmm, I'm still skeptical but it's a good time nevertheless. (I just wish we cold get this diva to come to Shandon's Halloween party.) Check it out and let me know what you think. Oh! And maybe my favorite trivia is that Lisa Williams grandmother was a clairvoyant to British Royalty, but not in that nasty Rasputin sort of way. So cool!

No comments: