Saturday, December 29

Feeling better


Thanks for the support guys. It's nice to know I've got good friends willing to beat up insurers with me when necessary.

Turns out Mom is the most ok with the situation. Dad and I were more freaked than she was. We won't know anything for sure until we can talk to someone but, of course, it being a holiday weekend, that will be a few days. Nightmare!

In the mean time, Mom says she can wait. She was on Lipitor for a while but recently stopped because of the muscle pain side effects. Apparently, Lipitor can cause severe muscle aches and those, on top of her knee pain, was pretty miserable. Since she's stopped taking the Lipitor her pain is much better. The knee still hurts but at least the rest of her feels much better.

I didn't sleep much last night due to the worry, but I think we're all feeling better know. We'll see what happens.

In the mean time, I saw P.S. I Love You with my SIL. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I will say it had me crying about every 10 minutes but laughing just as often. I really liked this one. I realize this isn't saying much but it's one of the best chicks flicks I've seen in a while. I have no idea if others will feel the same way but I thinking it's worth checking out.

Did I mention I didn't go to Christmas dinner at my Aunt's because I had a stomach flu? So did my Mom, my SIL and my niece. The boys had to brave the dinner without us. Sounds like they had much fun without us but I guess it really freaked everyone out when they showed up without us. They quickly got over it and much Wii Bowling was played.

I'm now feeling better, but today is the first day I haven't had a terrible stomach cramp. I managed to catch a quick cold a couple of days ago too. I know... I'm a real overachiever, huh? The cold seems to have mostly cleared up. I therefore plan to watch comfort movies all day and crochet and make gift tags.

OH! Speaking of gift tags, I had a craft day with Tony yesterday. We sat around and recycled Christmas cards into gift tags. They look great and I love being able to repurpose them. I highly recommend trying this out. I don't have pictures of the Christmas card tags but here are some others I've recently made.


So there you have it, Granny needs to sit in her chair, and craft and watch lots of Baby Boom, Working Girl, Bob Newhart Show and Jane Eyre. I'm feeling better already.

1 comment:

shandon said...

I LOVE the gift tags you made for me. All were used up, and most of the gift recipients remarked on their cuteness. Thanks again!