Thursday, December 27

Tagged!


This is a bit late, but Trooperdog tagged me with a couple of questions. Here are my answers:

Question #1: What are you favorite Christmas CD's that you absolutely have to listen to every year?
Honestly, my favorite CDs are mixes that I've made in the past few years. The only favorite real CD I have to listen to is A Charlie Brown Christmas. That's the CD that always makes it feel like Christmas for me (that, and a trip to Stats). Otherwise, it comes down to some favorite songs. The past couple of Christmas' I've been obsessed with Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's Mr. Heat Miser. I'm also partial to some traditional faves like Judy Garland's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Nat King Cole's The Christmas Song.

Question #2: What Christmas movies or TV shows are your favorites?
I pretty much have to see It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story every year or I'll have a fit. This year I discovered White Christmas (where have I been?). I also realized Elf is shooting to the top of my Christmas movie list. I like it because I can watch it with my niece and nephew and it genuinely makes me laugh. "Saaaaaantaaaaaaa!"

As for New Year's Eve, I've never been a fan. I'm not much of a drinker and driving alongside drunks down the 210 at 2:00 am is not my idea of a good time. My favorite part of New Year's Eve is really New Year's Day morning. I love to get up and watch the Rose Parade. I'm sure it's the Granny in me. Well, that and the fact that I live near Pasadena. New Year's Eve is all about the Parade in these neck of the woods. In fact, if I drove near the parade route right now I bet I'd already see the motor homes parked and waiting for the parade. Otherwise, the cynic in me believes New Year's Eve is all about the alcohol and diet industries making a ton of money.

With that I'd like to wish you all a very Happy New Year!!!!!!!

No comments: