Thursday, February 22

Friends don't let friends...

So, we all know not to drink and drive. Well, about the only time I have a cocktail (or two or three) is while in the Big Apple. Tonight a friend introduced me to the Madras. Are you familiar with this lovely drink? It's orange juice, cranberry juice and vodka. I had three big ones tonight. I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to drink and blog but, here we go...

First of all, I really wanted to take some pictures for this blog but was too dang embarrassed. I normally don't care, but there is something about whipping out a camera on a New York street that I just can't handle. Well, more precisely, I can't do it while I'm here for work. I gotta get over it.

I had to get up early for the big meeting we're all here for and was up late last night so I was pretty beat after the meeting. I had a lunch meeting that turned into a three hour marathon deal but it was good. I think I answered a lot of questions so it was worth it. I had a few hours in the afternoon before our "team dinner" so I shopped a bit then trekked back to the hotel. I still had a couple of hours before dinner so I got to relax with a shower, answered some emails and made a few calls. I found out a very big "thing" I've been working on came through so I felt like celebrating. Yea me (and the sales guy I've been haunting about this deal)!

When I say "team dinner" I'm talking about a pretty good sized group considering we all had to fly from LA to get here. There are about 25 of us in this hotel so we all met in the lobby and piled into cabs. Dinner was very good. It was a prix fixe menu so I was, at first, concerned but then realized it was nice to only have to worry about ordering cocktails. Everything else was brought to us. I'm feeling pretty lucky right about now. I work with some very talented and fun people. Going on these big trips can be a lot of work (especially for those pulling it all together) but it's also a great way to get to know my co-workers. There were many toasts tonight and I hope everyone felt appreciated. We had a lot of fun this evening and I'm looking forward to travelling with this circus again soon. Today I love my job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous night out, Lucy!

Anonymous said...

mmm...that drink sounds yummy!