Monday, June 11

Punk'd


Last week our HR rep invited a few of us to a meeting. HR is working on a new process and she wanted to run a questionnaire by us to see what we thought. It was a good meeting and I was happy to have participated. I've been lucky enough to not really need HR while at my current job and I don't have much interaction with them except a wave or a "hello" in the hall. I thought our rep had done a good job in the meeting and I wanted to thank her. We have lots of free samples of stuff where I work but HR doesn't necessarily have access to any of it. I figured I'd pull some things together for her as my way of saying thank you.

But then I got to thinking: I wonder how often people walk into her office, shut the door and freak out on her?

I don't know how I did it with a straight face but I tapped on her window and asked "Do you have a minute?" She waved me in then I dramatically turned and shut her door. I turned to sit down, paused and said "Aw, I'm just messing with ya..."

She clutched her chest and said "Bitch, if you ever do that to me again...!" I about died laughing. We laughed for about 5 minutes straight. I explained that I just wanted to thank her and figured nobody ever shuts her door and has anything nice to say so I thought I'd try it out. I then said "I'm not you're problem child am I?" She said "NO! I actually talk about you being an exemplary client 'cause you're normal."

I know it's one of those you-had-to-be-there moments but I just had to share. I'm still laughing about it. I realize it's probably not a good idea to Punk your HR rep, but what the hell? They need a good laugh every once in a while.

1 comment:

thomsinger said...

This is too funny and something I can totally see you doing.

I am laughing 2000 miles away.

Oh gosh, only 5 weeks until the party at your house! Yeah.