Sunday, April 2

Pay attention

ENRON, THE SMARTEST GUYS IN THE ROOM has been sitting on my Netflix queue for a long time now. I watched it last night. I finally get it. I've had a vague idea of what went on but never grasped the details. This really should be mandatory viewing/ reading for all Americans, especially if you lived in California between 2000 - 2001. What these a-holes did is outrageous. Californians paid Enron billions. There isn't a circle of hell miserable enough for these jerks.

There are, ironically, some laughs in the film. My favorite came during a taped address Ken Lay gave to Enron employees. Enron stock has been taking a dive for months and Jeffrey Skilling has cashed out and quit. People are getting tense. Ken Lay is standing at a podium taking written questions. Ken reads the following from a written question:

"I would like to know if you are on crack. If so, that would explain a lot. If not, you may want to start because it's going to be a long time before we trust you again".

It was, as a friend use to say, "a $9.00 shot". It's the part of the movie that makes it alone worth the price of admission. For my friend, it usually involves exposed breasts. For me, it involves an a-hole being publicly humiliated right before the fall. Unfortunately, this a-hole took a lot of hardworking people with him.

I can't wait to see how it unfolds for Ken Lay in the next few months. Let's hope the Karma Express makes a special stop for Kenny Boy and his buddies and takes them straight to the life & death they deserve. Am I mad? You better believe it.

Watch this movie, you'll get mad too, but you'll be better for it. We, as a country, must pay attention to the messy details not just the easy to register issues.

WATCH THIS MOVIE! http://www.enronmovie.com/

(stepping off soap box now...)

No comments: