Tuesday, May 2

Deputy Dog

For the past several weeks there has been some sort of road work going on along my drive to work. Every morning I'm am "greeted" by a rather hostile man in a hard hat and orange vest wielding a stop sign. I've seen these guys around before with no incidence. They are normally quite helpful and I appreciate their work. This one, on the other hand, takes his job way too seriously and frankly wastes my time.

Loser, I also call him Deputy Dog, is clearly a scorned hall monitor. He enjoys the "power" of his job a little too much. He demands that each and every car stops even though opposing traffic is blocked and no heavy machinery seems to be in motion. Nothing is going on but he has that stop sign and he intends to use it whether it's necessary or not. After a few weeks of rolling my eyes at him I lost it. I boldly drove past his stupid little stop sign. I'm no Laura Bush but enough is enough! Deputy Dog has hated me ever since. I keep thinking I'll just take another route to work to avoid the idiot but I keep forgetting. Today he saw me coming and immediately began waving frantically indicating I should back up, I did and drove down another street. Apparently Al Qaeda was seen up the street, that or I've lost driving privileges on my corner.

When my nephew was younger he used to place orange traffic cones around any visiting repairmen. It's cute when you're three, it loses it's charm at 40.

2 comments:

shandon said...

“Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person at the right time, and for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not within everyone's power and that is not easy.” - Aristotle

lizze said...

Like the test ... always good to be nosey and find what blogger are linking to.

So what were your score?

I got the safe & dull "Normal"