Monday, May 15

Where to?

So, my parents got home from their European trip last night. I offered to pick them up since it was A) Mother's Day and B) a Sunday evening arrival.

In the mean time, I've been eating very well lately and trying to lose a few pounds (what else is new?). I also happen to have a sensitive stomach. My mistake yesterday was having one small slice of pizza at my brother's house. All hell soon broke loose. I was fine while waiting at the airport in the arrivals area. It wasn't until we got to the car that I thought "Uh oh."

Ultimately, we had to pull over and look for a fast food bathroom. (Have I mentioned that my Dad is a bathroom connoisseur? He travels in the car so much that he now knows the best places for bathrooms. Apparently fast food restaurants are your best bet. Gas stations are SO last century.)

Unfortunately our search led us directly to the scariest neighborhood in Compton. Very nice. Mom and Dad get back from their fabulous European adventure and I almost get them killed because of my lactose intolerance. I later learned that all of the So Cal shooters were actually busy with freeway shootings last night so Compton was probably a safer place to be at the time.

Ah, America the Beautiful. Welcome home Mom and Dad.

No comments: