Wednesday, May 24

Happy days are here again

So, the last few days I've been willing myself to have great days and it's worked!! The weather has been beautiful and yesterday's dreaded fire drill was delayed to today.

The first obstacle to my new positive outlook came this morning in the form of an awful traffic jam. I told myself "Maybe your reward for calmly sitting through this traffic will be that you miss that damn fire drill." Sure enough, I was walking towards the elevator bank (20 minutes late) when I caught the eye of our Director of Finance. She sort of knowingly shook her head in my direction as if to say "Don't go up there! You're off the hook." Instead of going up I went to Starbucks for a non-fat hot chocolate where I met half of my floor mates. We then walked to our meeting place. I overheard someone say "Funny how everyone shows up with Starbucks during our emergencies." Somebody was even passing out cookies. It's times like this that make me happy to be a grown up. I don't remember getting hot beverages and cookies during school fire drills.

No comments: