Tuesday, March 27

Exposures

As mentioned, I thought it might be a good time to post a few of my own crafty endeavors. Here are some pages I'm working on for my "Travels" scrapbook. I don't like over embellished pages so I try to keep them relatively simple.

Here is the first page for the infamous Diners and Disasters expedition. The red and white check square will be the background for my journaling "menu". The title definitely needs an explanation and this is where it will go. It's difficult to see, but I distressed the white edges of the "D-I-N-E-R-S" letters to make them look like they came from a dingy diner. The journaling sheet will also have that greasy spoon look.


This is the first spread to my South Dakota road trip. Again, I still need to journal. Can you tell I dislike journaling? Trouble is, without journaling, the pictures don't necessarily make sense. Scrappers really should include some sort of written explanation in their books or they can resemble a boring slide show. Also, if you're like me, and getting OLD, reminders about travels will be required soon enough. Because I HATE my penmanship, I prefer to journal on my laptop then print it out on cute paper.


Then there is "First Stop" page. It was so ridiculous that I thought it deserved it's own page. The background is cut from one of the maps we used.

So that's a few of the pages I"m working on. The others actually have my own pictures on them. These are mostly title pages so I used a lot of postcards. Anyone who actually kept up with my little blog travelled with me and saw my pix as they happened. BTW, I'm planning on printing out this blog to accompany my scrapbook. It might be funny to look back on.

Next, I'm planning on making some gift tags with stamps soon. I'll post those some other day...

No comments: