Saturday, September 1

Damn, it's hot.


It's 102 degrees in the shade, according to our thermometer. What does a girl do in heat like this? Well, any girl worth her salt gets the hell outta the heat by any means possible.

Here's a breakdown of my day so far:
  • Get hair colored (a girl has her priorities, after all)
  • Pick up luggage from repair shop (shop not air conditioned, but was in there only 5 minutes, so it was ok.)
  • Meet friends at theater and see best documentary EVER (King of Kong... trust me, this one is great!)
  • Have Diet Coke and popcorn for lunch
  • Realize you'll probably need some protein at some point in the day, go to grocery store, pick up fillet, corn on cob and strawberries for dinner
  • Eye a DVD of Monty Python and The Holy Grail and purchase promptly
  • Get home, put groceries away and put Holy Grail in DVD player
  • Start blog

That's where I am. All I wanted to do was sit in an air conditioned room and read or watch a good movie when I got home today. I made a good choice in my DVD selection. I'm already laughing (...strange women lying in ponds distributing swords... I mean really, does it get any better? I can't tell you how many times my brother I and shouted "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" when our mother tried to correct us in our youth. Hmm, I think it's time I taught my niece and nephew that one.)

Long live air conditioning and Monty Python.

No comments: