Tuesday, September 4

Escape from LA


Well, I high-tailed it outta town first thing this morning. My bedroom was fairly cool by about 3:00 am but it was warming up by around 8:00 am and I was outta there. We called the repair guy and the soonest he said he could get out to the house is this Thursday. Thursday! I feel so bad for ma and pa. They made a break for it and headed for the hills today. Literally, they got in the car and drove to the mountains until they realized the road was closed. Good Lord! Poor guys.

I called them when I got to the hotel to see how they were doing. Mom said it was about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday but that "it only got to about 90 degrees in the house this afternoon". Only?! The heat is obviously getting to her. She would never make such an outrageous statement in her right mind.

As for myself, I cranked the air conditioning in the car on the way to the airport, froze in the plane and walked into a freezing hotel room. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but I actually had to turn the air conditioning OFF. This time yesterday I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be capable of such cavalier behavior.

I'm officially in NYC. I just finished a Turkey Burger, sparkling water and a slice of cheesecake for the low, low price of $55. Sheesh! Imagine if I'd had the roast chicken or fillet? I do have some rather nice bath products to enjoy in the morning though.

In the mean time, I'll be watching cable and catching up on overdue online work (assuming the dumb system is working, for a change of pace).

I'll be checking in soon.

And for all of you without air conditioning... I swear I'm thinkin' of you in your time of need. May the force be with you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fifty five dollars? OK, the tightwad with Scottish ancestry in me is simply shuddering at that. That's highway robbery for God's sake!