Monday, September 3

Have I died and gone to hell?

Around 2:30 today it was about 104 degrees in the shade and our air conditioning went out. I'm miserable. Unless I'm in the direct line of a high powered fan I am not even remotely happy. We believe we are in need of refrigerant. I'm not even sure what refrigerant is, but I want some pronto.

Just this morning I was enjoying my new favorite show, Mad Men (it's fabulously shocking and you must check it out sooner than later) in our nice cool home. I was actually thinking about how lucky I was. *Memories, like the corners of my mind...*

I'm going to NYC tomorrow and am thrilled to be getting out of this heat. It's supposed to be a blissful 77 degrees on Wednesday, when I'll actually be out and about. I feel bad for leaving my family in this heat wave with no ammo but there's not much I can do about it. I can only hope they can get it repaired ASAP.

On the other hand, to put things in perspective:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're wonderful little heat-wave down there has been the icing on the cake for my parents. I think they are gonna move up here to Portland!

shandon said...

Nooooo! Perhaps there is some HVAC conspiracy afoot, with home ACs all set to expire at once.

I feel for you. I really do.