Monday, November 27

Not in Public


Tonight I saw the Dixie Chicks Shut Up and Sing documentary. I've been wanting to see it because I was bewildered by the extreme reaction the group received after the lead singer made a silly, barely negative comment about W. Apparently free speech is ok unless it's done in public. Hmm... who knew?

It's a good film that highlights the talent of these fine musicians but mostly I enjoyed seeing uppity women act up. You go girls!

This hasn't been the easiest film to track down. I've had to wait a while for it to come to my neighborhood ... and I live in LA! Here is a cool site I stumbled upon that features other films that are even less likely to be seen. Some of these look interesting but I've never heard of them. Others I've heard of but never saw. I'm hoping I can at least Netflix some.

Hmm, I wonder what else I'm missing?"

No comments: