The Guest Programmer idea got me thinking, what would I program? It seems, depending on time, the guests on TCM are allowed 3-4 films per night. With this in mind, here are my choices:
- The Women - Almost more fun than I can stand. Favorite quote: "Jungle Red!"
- The Godfather - Because it's genius. Also, because my brother and I quote this one pretty much every time we see each other. Favorite quote? How on earth is a girl to choose?!
- Rebecca - I just watched this one again today and I think it's my favorite Hitchcock.
- All The President's Men - This film is the reason I now love history and non-fiction books and films.
If I were programming lesser known films, that I don't think enough people have seen, I might choose:
- Random Harvest - Mom turned me on to this one and I love it.
- The Tender Trap - I stumbled upon this one many years ago and watch it whenever it's on despite it's rather un-PC nature.
- Now Voyager - Two words... Bette Davis. Favorite quote: "Let's not ask for the moon when we have the stars."
- The Long Hot Summer - Paul Newman is about as dreamy as dreamy can be in this one. *sigh* If you ever see this on cable by all means enjoy. My one request, for the love of God, make sure it's the REAL one starring Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward NOT the hideous re-make with Don Johnson *blechh*. Favorite quote: "BARN BURNAH!" Unfortunately, my mother is the only one who gets it when I shout this out when disgusted with someone.
- Singin' In the Rain - Once, while in a Blockbuster, the famous Gene Kelly Singin' in the Rain scene was on. With no discussion, Mom and I looked across the store at each other and spontaneously flew open our arms, threw back our heads and in unison mouthed "... I'm happy again!" It's a classic family moment.
- Moonstruck - I just plain love this movie! favorite quote: "I'm not no freakin' monument to justice! I lost my hand! I lost my girl! Johnny's got his hand! Johnny's got his girl!"
- How to Marry a Millionaire - Thoroughly un-PC but fa-bu!
- Pillow Talk - *sigh* Oh Rock... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
I'd like to tag Shandon and Trooperdog for this one. Be sure to list your favorite quotes when/if they apply.
Oh, and why this photo? Because I found it online and I decided to post it here because... well, holy crap... just look at it!!!