Wednesday, November 14

You're Killin' Me!


I'm sorry but I must get this off my chest:
It is officially too early for Christmas!! It's too early to be hearing Christmas music, seeing lights on houses and decorations in stores. People, you're killin' me. I love the holiday season as much as much as the next girl, but honestly!

I knew it was going to be bad this year when the first holiday commercial I saw on television was on Halloween night! What's the deal?! The reason the holiday season is so special is because it's supposed to be only one month out of the year. (Maybe 6-7 weeks if you must start the day after Thanksgiving.)

I understand the retailers out there who want to stretch the holiday (cash cow of a season) out as long as possible, but that house I pass, on my way home from work, is over the top not to mention jumping the gun. Some maniac has his house lights up along with an enormous blow- up Santa in a hot rod on his roof. He put it up last weekend. I appreciate the enthusiasm but come on! I can't remember the holidays ever starting so early.

Please, I'm begging you, try to restrain yourselves. Christmas decorations should be forbidden until after Thanksgiving. Poor Thanksgiving gets skipped completely these days. We seem to jump directly from Halloween to Christmas. Have a heart, enjoy Thanksgiving! It's the one holiday that everyone can enjoy. The all inclusive nature of Thanksgiving is one of the reason I like it so much. Well, that and I get to enjoy my once-a-year viewing of Home for the Holidays.

It seems I'm not the only one who feels this way about early Christmas exploitation. What do you think?

*Getting off soapbox.*

No comments: