Tuesday, November 20

For your viewing pleasure


Here are some of the television marathons going on over the long weekend:

But first, there's bad news folks, the meanies at SciFi Channel have moved the Twilight Zone marathon to tomorrow, Wednesday November 21st. Yeah, you heard me. And as a final insult their Thanksgiving marathon will instead be Ghost Hunters this year. My nephew will be thrilled but I'm in mourning. Why, why, why?! First they hi-jack The Twilight Zone from LA's Channel 5 (who first started the heavenly tradition of Twilight Zone marathons in the first place) and now they move it all together?! Did I mention it's only airing from 9:00 am to 3:00pm? That barely qualifies as a marathon. That damn Ghost Hunters marathon will air from 8:00 am to 5:00 am. I'm so blue. I know they've heard it but I've already emailed them to officially tell them that they suck. (You can too by emailing them at: feedback@scifi.com)

I had been counting on TCM to come up with something good but it looks like they're doing a big, gross Andy Hardy marathon. Here's the trouble, I heart Judy Garland but I hate Mickey Rooney. I know he must have had something going on if Eva Gardner dug him but I just don't get it. Blechh! Still, I may have to give one of these movies a try. They made millions of people happy. I suppose they may be worth checking out. I don't know. *shrug*

Oooo! But look here. I know it's wrong but I just love watching those To Catch a Predator shows. I know, I know, it's just terrible but I LOVE watching each and every guy crumble into the same set of excuses. It's great! Now, I don't know if I can stomach five hours of them, but we'll see.

AMC is featuring a Hitchcock marathon. That might be fun. Meanwhile, USA has thrown in the towel and will air 39 straight hours of Law & Order and L&O spinoffs. I've mentioned my Pavlovian response to that show but I will have to resist. The last thing I need to do is get caught up in a 39 hour L&O bender.

Looks like it will be I Love Lucy for this girl. Yeah, that's it. I'll be thankful for my family, my friends and I Love Lucy this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will ALWAYS love Lucy and could watch her any time of the year, marathon or not. Imagine my delight when my little girl picked up a Lucy biography from our bookshelf the other day and said, "Oh look, Mom, it's Lucy!" I've trained her well!