Friday, July 7

Give 'em enough rope...

So, we've FINALLY wrapped up our annual budget process. We had our marathon meeting yesterday and I couldn't be happier that its over.

It was four hours of going over 2006 and 2007 business. Ugh! I amused myself by passing notes and watching the dynamics in the room (some things never change). One boss, in particular, likes to take credit for all happenings in her business even though she has two great Managers that do the bulk of the work.

Our head of Finance asked the diva some very pointed questions. She fumbled around but clearly had no intention of letting her Managers chime in... very uncool. I watched the Managers just lean back and watch her squirm each time she couldn't clearly answer a question. It was great! I love that kind of drama!!

In entertainment news: I'm now obsessed with Rescue Me. A friend at work strongly recommended it. I finished watching season one last night. It's very good and I highly recommend it. Not much like it on television. It was yet another show I had initially dismissed because it looked like a "boy show". You would think I'd have learned my lesson after falling in love with Deadwood. Well, I love this show. Check it out some time.

No comments: