Sunday, August 27

Best print ad EVER!

After my last post, I intended to write something upbeat and light to counter that yucky picture. The LA Times has foiled my plan. I don't want this to become a dark blog but, dammit, I could resist mentioning the following:


If you've grown up in So Cal, then odds are, you've heard of the Black Dahlia. If you haven't, I can tell you it's one of the most notorious and ghoulish unsolved murders in LA history. I won't go into the details but, if you're interested, there's plenty of 'em out there online.

This morning, I opened the LA Times to find the all time best print ad ever. The LA Times dipped into their archives and reprinted some of their stories about the case to promote the upcoming Brian DePalma film. You can bet I'll be reading every line. I know Betty was no saint but... poor Betty.

No comments: