Monday, August 7

Lawd have mercy!


So, I've noticed Little Miss is channeling Hattie McDaniel. Well, really a combination of Hattie McDaniel and Sally O'Malley (Molly Shannon's SNL character who claims "I like to kick...and I'm 50!") Lately she's been answering questions in a sort of low gruff tone with a southern twang. It's bizarre.

While cleaning up before departing yesterday I heard my sis-in-law say "Where's Fight Puppy"? Fight Puppy?! What the hell is "Fight Puppy"? "Does she have some sort of plush fight club going on in her pink palace of a bedroom?" I asked. She just shrugged and said "I don't know, that's just what she calls him". I later asked Little Miss why she called her adorable stuffed dog "Fight Puppy" and with that Hattie/Sally accent she replied "'Cause he's my pup!" I really wish I could provide a recording here because it's not to be believed. The kid is four years old. I asked her brother who she was imitating. He too, just shrugged and said "That's just her. She's weird." Well said little man, well said.

No comments: